
As some of you know, I sold Kit October of last year. It was difficult parting with him as he has been with us for more than a decade already. He was our first. My brother was even teary-eyed when he was taken. He took several shots of him before he left which I've kept with Cams ever since. *sigh*
I've been commuting since then. Taking the train, cab or FX, depending on my mood (and budget). I've had frustrating rides with the MRT, and at some point I cursed it. But it has proven to be the fastest and cheapest way to work and so when I'm in a rush (and low in budget), I still take the train. A good 8-hour sleep is a precondition when riding the train. Otherwise, you'll be thrown out of the platform or suffer from dead toes the rest of your life.
Without a ride, my gimmicks have been limited and I've become more dependent on my friends who have cars...which makes me very uncomfortable. I don't like asking favors from them to pick me up or bring me home and even if they offer, it still makes uncomfortable. Not because of pride, but because I know that I live far from them and I don't want to hassle them by driving me home. So when I'm not riding with anyone of them, I take the cab...even in the wee hours of the morning, even when I'm drunk--not a very safe thing to do in Metro Manila.
When my brother's not using his car I get to use it, which only happens when the car is off the road (Mondays). That's already a lot of help as I usually bring my week's gym stuff on Mondays and its hard commuting with a big bag like that. But he's planning to get married soon and move out immediately after. Hence, a carless household.
And so I acquired Krugger. He's quite old but he looks a lot younger for his age. There are some repairs needed but they are very minor. He's okay from my point of view and so I believe...it's going to be a smooth ride from now on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Buddies
My Daily Fix
-
Cover from over ten years ago4 years ago
-
Hurray for Friends & Comme des Garçons7 years ago
-
-
Maldives (Day 11)13 years ago
-
-
Labels
me
Jom
friends
simple joys
life
love
trips
family
funnies
parties
food
havin' a baby
Kara Sabrina
adventures
Home
baby stuff
forwarded e-mails
kill me now
surprises
Mommyhood
boredom
faith
ydwtl
BIL
conversations
things i want to do before I die
badminton
photography
things i love
wish list
christmas
crazy ideas
gadgets
shopping
tags
bags
cooking
men
prayers
tips
Angst
happiness
lyrics
malfunction
ogc
scripts
thought-provoking
tv
volleyball
Discoveries
blogskin
gym
illusions
mame
movies
possessed
text messages
vid
work
NBA
Recipes
baggage
blogthings
budgeting
dress
exercise
friday's feast
grey's
kkk
music
parenthood
play
polls
relationships
review
spring cleaning
swimming
tipid things
weddings
Powered by Blogger.

0 comments:
Post a Comment