The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

3:40 PM

Door no. 103

Posted by Claire |

For the past four months, Jom and I have been going to malls looking for the right furniture that will fit in his condo. That’s what’s keeping us busy. (Yes, Jom will be moving out from his parent’s house to live on his own.) We’ve been through every furniture shop in every mall and depot in Makati, Quezon City and Ortigas, and very few designs caught his attention. But last Sunday, while Typhoon Frank was making his way out of Manila, we (more like “he” -- I was there for second opinion, no financial investment) found and bought the last piece of furniture we need to make the living room more functional (meaning pwedeng kainan, upuan etc.).

Yesterday, his staff started working on the interior of the condo. And today, he said that the dining table and cabinet have been delivered, while the sofa (which was supposed to be due in two weeks) will be delivered on Friday. Soon, he'll be living there full time.

I'm proud of him for this achievement. A couple of years ago, he mentioned this as one of his future plans (over booze), and now he’s almost there. Who would have thought that wasn't usapang lasing?

Great job, Hon! Hope I’ll still get to see you even though you’ll be living at the far end of EDSA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe