The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

2:42 PM

Update (Part 1)

Posted by Claire |

Without counting the previous post, I would admit I have been M.I.A. for more than a year now. Boy do I have a lot of updating to do. Especially since last year was one of the most eventful year of my life.

Been to both record-breaking highs and lows last year, which turned out to be a real test of faith, trust and love--not only for me but also to the people around me. And at the end of it all, only those who have steadfast faith, those who trust and those who love deeply survived.


Before I can let you in on what's current with me, let me fill you in on what you missed last year. This will be a series of updates, so please bear with me.

Pamamanhikan

As you know, Jerome and I got engaged in March. Two weeks after he proposed, Jerome and his family did the traditional "pamamanhikan", with a twist. Instead of them going to our home, we rented out a function room in Serendra where our families met. We also invited some of our closest relatives and friends to join us. First, our families had a "closed-door" meeting where Jerome and I laid down our plans for the wedding. After the family meeting, we had dinner with our relatives and friends, followed by a short program. It was a memorable occasion simply because it was our first big step in letting the whole world know that we love each other this much.


Highlight of the event: This event was considered a dry-run of D-Day. And so we learned that (i) Jerome and I can stay calm even under pressure; (ii) entertaining guests is a tough job; and (iii) my feet would hurt at the end of the night if I didn't get comfy shoes.



Here's a photo of us with our families





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe