The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

Posted by Claire |

Here are some of my favorite quotes I got from books I read in my time of solitude...

"Sometimes you can't believe what you see, you have to believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you're ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them too...even when you're in the dark, even when you're falling."
Tuesdays with Morrie
~o0o~
"Don't hold back your emotions, instead throw yourself into this. Don't be too busy being afraid of the pain, the grief and the vulnerability that loving entails. By allowing yourself to dive in, all the way, even over your head, you experience them fully and completely. You know what pain, grief and love is. And only then can you say 'all right. I have experienced that emotion. I can recognize it. Now I can step away from it.'"
Tuesdays with Morrie
~o0o~
"Holding anger is poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade and the harm that we do, we do to ourselves too."
The five people you meet in heaven
~o0~
"I made you like a tea bag - you have to be put in hot water before you realize your full strength."
God
~o0o~
"Lost love is still love. It takes a different form. You can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. When those senses weaken, another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it."
The five people you meet in heaven
~o0o~
"It's better to lose some of the battles in the struggle for your dreams than to be defeated without ever even knowing what you're fighting for."
By the River Piedra, I sat down and wept
~o0o~
"People think of heaven as a paradise garden, a place where they can float on clouds and laze in rivers and mountain. But scenery without solace is meaningless. This is the greatest gift God can give you: to understand what happened to your life. To have it explained. It is the peace you have been searching for."
The five people you meet in heaven
~o0o~
"Sometimes when you sacrifice something serious, you're not losing it. You're just passing it on to someone else."
The five people you meet in heaven
~o0o~
"Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing what to do is the worst kind of suffering."
By the River Piedra, I sat down and wept


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe