The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

12:14 AM

When do you know that enough is enough?

Posted by Claire |

As I was trying to get some sleep I remembered what Mars asked me a couple of years back which she quoted from Brad Pitt&Julia Roberts' movie, The Mexican. "When do you know that enough is enough?" "When I've given my all" I said... and went on to blab why. "Never" she said. I was silent. Shocked at how simple the answer was. There I was showing off how profound I can be only to find out that the answer was simple...never.

But later on I realized, never is never a simple word. To say never entails a lot of emotions and responsibilities from the person who uttered it...

So, when do you know that enough is enough? When do you know that you've done everything to save a relationship? When do you decide to get out of a relationship? When do you know that leaving a relationship is ultimately better than living in that relationship? When do you stop wallowing and start moving on? When do you tell yourself enough?

Enough is when you have nothing else to give in the relationship...and it just goes downhill from there. Enough is when you begin to compromise your values and the things and people that matter to you most. Enough is when you don't know who you are anymore. Enough is when you've lost your self-esteem. Enough is when you can't seem to put aside your differences and it always gets in the way of your relationship. Enough is when you can't be happy living in the relationship and everyday becomes a struggle.

Loving is supposed to be the most wonderful feeling one can ever experience. But when it becomes difficult for one or for both parties, you should start asking yourself why. If either or both parties are no longer happy staying in the relationship then what's the point of holding on to it?! Don't deprive your partner and yourself of the opportunity of finding happiness somewhere else. Move on.

I know its hard starting a new relationship..even finding a new one is difficult(I haven't even found mine)...And the gap between relationships can be hell. Yes, you'll miss so many comforts of a relationship: someone to drag when you need to run an errand, someone to spend your friday evening with, someone to walk the hallways with, someone to keep you company as you drive to work, someone to have breakfast with, someone to have a bottle or two after a hard days work, someone to cuddle and kiss. I miss having to lie in the passenger seat while my head rests on his lap. You'll miss everything and you'll come to a point that you wish you could take it all back. But when you reach that point, think about it one more time then ask yourself, will all the good times be enough to compensate his/her shortcomings? Is there more to give?

My answer still holds...enough is when I know I've given my all but you still remain hard as stone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe