The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

6:24 PM

My Birthday Weekend (part 1)

Posted by Claire |


I can't describe how happy I am. My golly. I'm just so overwhelmed with Jerome and the love of my family and friends. This is why I'm always excited to celebrate my birthday.

Three weeks before my birthday, I decided to celebrate in La Luz instead of having a party here in Manila. Primarily because I know that the latter would cost me more, and unfortunately, I didn't have that much moolah to spend for that. So I asked my friends if they wanted to go to La Luz and celebrate my birthday with me. The catch is that they have to pay for food and gas/transpo. I will only cover the cost of the room. And my friends, who are very supportive of their demanding friend agreed, without a doubt, to this request. :-)

So we were all excited for the trip and two weeks before, we've already listed the things we need to bring, etc. Party in Manila was out of the picture. We just agreed to sleep over at Jom's place to kick off my birthday celebration.

All the while I thought that was the plan. Except for one instance that Mellay slipped when she sent an email to everyone, thinking I wasn't copied, telling them of Jom's plan. But Jom was quick to retract what Mellay said. I don't know how he did it, but I managed to believe there won't be any surprise party.

Friday, 19 September. Jom picked me up from work. Went to the supermarket to buy stuff to bring to La Luz then went home. When we were at the parking lot of his place, he said "I'll just get the bottles hon. Then let's buy beer." I told him I had to use the restroom so I'll help him with the stuff. On our way to his unit, I saw a man in black polo who came out of his place. When he saw me, he hurriedly took cover. I couldn't make out who he was but when we were closer, I knew it was George. So I asked, "George, anong ginagawa mo dito?" He just laughed. The the classic "Surprise!" burst out.

Jom had invited my family (but they didn't make it) and friends from work, college, DWTL, etc. What was originally a small get together turned out to be a real party. The kind of party that I decided not to have because I couldn't afford it. He had everything planned. He knew I was going to invite few friends but he gave them instructions to decline to my invitation.

His e-mail invitation read:

Claire's torn between celebrating her BIG-THREE-O out-of-town or spending
it with everybody...

.. so il give her both.

See you on friday Sept 19, 7pm at my place in fort!!

(please come early because we'll leave early 6am sat to laluz.)
SSSHHHH... its supposed to be a surprise. (okay nicky??) hahaha
And my supportive and loving friends obliged. I was super happy. Sabi nga ni Gs, "wala akong mapaglagyan ng kaligayan."
I'm just so happy.

2 comments:

oh captain my captain said...

si George talaga ang panira, hehehe! =)

Claire said...

hahaha! but in fairness, bumawi naman sya. Sya ang photographer ko that night. hehe

Post a Comment

Subscribe