The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

8:19 PM

How he swept me off my feet

Posted by Claire |


Okay. Now that I have finally returned from Cloud 9, I can give you a blow-by-blow account of how IT all happened.

You remember my blog entry about a dream that was haunting me? Well it was that. Yes, as early as that I've been dreaming about a proposal. And yes, it was because I have been expecting it. But of course, I didn't want to pressure Jerome so I kept it to myself and to a couple of really really close friends who allow me to be psychotic for a brief moment.

So, I've been expecting that long. It came to a point that I just got tired of hoping and waiting, so I let go and let Jess. After all, everything happens in HIS time.

Jerome brought met to Virgin Beach resort that weekend. I love the place. It's very quiet and private. The bamboo cabana had basic appliances and furnitures in it. There was no TV nor air conditioning. But it has a good view of the beach from the terrace.

Ang dami kong intro…hahaha…

Going back.

14 March. Over wine that evening, Jerome asked me to draft a guest list and budget for our wedding. I didn’t take it seriously because I thought it was just another one of his jokes. You see our Valentine's date was at a Bridal Fair. It was awkward. I tell you. Some of my friends saw me and they were all excited because they thought we were engaged. But the truth was, we were just posers. Seriously, it was awkward. The worst feeling of all was the anticipation that he was going to propose any moment. He didn't. (pathetic ko! hahaha)

So we finished our list. We laughed about the number of guests we have. We joked about who was going to shoulder 75% of the cost. He told me he wasn't going to get me an engagement ring because he'd rather spend it for the wedding than on a piece of stone. The night ended and there was no indication that a major event was coming my way.

15 March. Before we checked out, Jerome asked me to sit close to him. My back against his chest, and his arms around me. He told me about his plans in the next two weeks, something that he told me a lot of times...that he was going to be busy with school and work. I took at as a signal that we won't be seeing each other for two weeks.

Then he said, "After two weeks, can we already start preparing for the wedding?"

I was shocked. I felt my hands turn cold. But I kept calm and convinced myself that this was just another joke. So there was no need to be excited. I asked "seryoso ba to?"

"There is going to be another wedding on Saturday (21 March). For sure your relatives will ask you when you're getting married, you can tell them either October or December."

I froze. And this time I couldn't tell myself it was a joke. But I still insisted "seryoso ka ba?"

"Actually, ang plan ko…mamanhikan na kami on March 28, bago umalis si Ate."

His voice stopped in mid sentence so I looked at him and saw that he was crying. Then I knew it was real.

I had no words for him, not because I didn't want to accept his proposal, but because I couldn't find the right words to describe how happy and lucky I am to be loved by this wonderful man. We cried and hugged for a moment, until I asked…"May nakakaalam ba na magpro-propose ka ngayon?" and he said, "hindi ka pa nga umo-oo eh. Pano ko ibabalita sa iba?" hahahaha! Oo nga naman!

"Of course, hon. I will marry you."

PS.

After all the drama, he took the ring from I-don't-know-where. So again, the thing about him not giving a ring was just another joke.


PS. PS.

He had present delivered to me at work the following day with a card that says:

1 comments:

Bex said...

First! First! Congratulations, Kler! and Jerome na rin :)

Post a Comment

Subscribe