After all the brouhaha, we finally came down to our wedding day.
It was tough planning the wedding side-by-side an on-going family problem. But two months before our wedding, Dad was on the way to recovery. While we were busy putting things together, he was busy getting fat…so that he'd look good at our wedding. hehehe
We checked in at Bellevue, Tagaytay Highlands, on 1 January. When we've settled down, I told Jom I'd like to have a couple of vodka shots before I sleep so I could be fully-rested. I knew the excitement would keep me up all night but if I counter it with alcohol, I'd be dreaming about Alaska for sure.
Unfortunately, despite the alcohol, I was up until 2:00 am. Then woke up at 6:00am. I only had 4 hours of sleep night before my wedding day! But what the heck, I didn't get Madge for nothing. I'm sure she'll do something about it.
Anyway, as early as 7:00am, suppliers started arriving. First, Cecilio (Couturier). Then Threelogy (Videographer), Blissful Occasion (Coordinator), Madge's Team (Make-up artist), and finally Jayjay Lucas (our Photographer).
I cherished the moment. I told myself, I have to remember everything that happened because I will only be here once. I still have vivid images of Jerome, waiting for me at the end of the aisle, wiping his tears off his eyes; Kuya smiling at me as if to say I am so happy for you; and Dad who once told me "anak, gusto kong ihatid ka sa altar". I didn't see mom, but I know she's up there watching and smiling.
To be continued...

0 comments:
Post a Comment