The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

10:47 AM

The Wedding (Update: Part 5)

Posted by Claire |

One of my non-negotiable for our wedding was that we write our own vows. Which I learned was not an easy task because every time I would start writing my vows, I would break down. And my heart will be filled with gratitude, for him and for Jess, for the immense love they have shown and showered me. I didn't want to be specific about how I would love him because what I know might not be right and important for him. All I want is to be the wife that Jess wants me to be for him.

The exchange of vows was one of my favorite parts of the wedding. All my insecurities, all my fears, and all the doubts I had in my heart vanished hearing Jerome say his vows. Here's the complete transcript of his vows:

Hi Claire. You’re so pretty today.

I remember, 5 yrs ago, in 2005 also on a January, we met in graduate school. We became groupmates & barkada. 2 years later, after countless gimmicks, parties and events, we officially became boyfriend and girlfriend. Another 2 yrs as a happy couple, going on out-of-trips and traveling, and spending so many occasions together, here we are now in front of God, our families and closest friends, announcing our decision and promise to be with each other for the rest our time

Claire, I love you.

Starting today---- always remember these 4 letters which will remind you of my love and commitment to you. (Don’t worry, it doesn’t start with L).

E
…as in -- ENJOY. We will enjoy every moment of our journey together. I look forward and I’m so excited, to starting a new life with you, and our future kids. To building our new house, buying our first car, and traveling abroad (just like my mom and dad). I know its not all going to be happy moments, but I’m sure, we will get past all those, as we have survived trials in the past. (…of course with the help and love, of all the people here with us today).

N
NURTURE. I will nurture you and take care of you and the kids, be supportive of your work and hobbies, and continue to spoil you as much as I can.

G
GOD. God will be a cornerstone of our family life. let us continue to let GOD be in the middle of everything. Ever since, everything in my life has been drafted and planned, and I have been following a strict schedule, just like I treat all my projects. I knew until when I’ll be employed, when I'll start my own business, how much I'll be making, and how I’m going reach my personal goals. Everything was according to my blueprints-- except you. It,s because God had other plans, and gave me, more than what I asked for – He’s giving me not just a wife, but a best friend and a perfect life partner.

R
REMIND. As agreed, remind me to give you- your monthly allowance - for your visits to the salon, your massages, night-outs with friends, and for you travel & shopping. (but of course I will also remind, you that everytime wala ako projects – sagot mo ko and ikaw ang bahala saken). More importantly, aside from reminding each other of the things we always forget, or about our bad habits that we want to change, lets try to reassure each other every now and then, that we love each other, that we are one, and that we’re in this together, until our last breath…


Every day I thank the Lord for leading Jerome to my path. Everyday I thank the Lord for giving me hurt and pain because I would not be able to appreciate life and love the way I do now. I would do it over again if at the end of it all, Jerome is right there waiting for me. I am not perfect.

We're 5 months married now, and every morning I wake up beside him I feel the same love and appreciation for this great blessing God has given me. Thank you Lord.

This video was prepared by Threelogy.


Another video from our photographer, Jayjay Lucas of ImagineNation.

2 comments:

ryah s. said...

hi claire, I was so touched with your vows to each other... and Jerome really made an effort to compose it (nakatype pa!) and the most important thing is he is true to his vows. ;) stay happy together!

Claire said...

thanks Ryah. :-)

Post a Comment

Subscribe