The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

11:59 AM

SNIPPETS

Posted by Claire |

1. I ought to be reviewing my paper in preparation for my OCE but my mind is somewhere else so I guess, I will have to postpone that in the hope that tomorrow I will get my mind back on track.

2. Yes, I'm taking my OCE. After being out of school for a year, I have finally decided to knock my head off. The OCE talk has become a nuisance, primarily because I have run out of excuses why I haven't taken mine. I also had a chance encounter with my Professor two weeks ago and when he asked me why I haven't finished it, I couldn't come up with a valid excuse. Plus, when I tried to access my online student account, I have been listed as INACTIVE. Gggrrr...

3. I have just finished reading The Kite Runner, a novel by Khaled Hosseini. I have originally bought this book as a going-away present for my ex-boss and have no intention of getting a copy for myself, but after hearing the bookstore manager's review, I had goose bumps and I knew right away that I should get one. The next day, I went back to Ink and Stone and grabbed one for myself. It's a story about hope and forgiveness between father and sons, and friends. Highly recommended.

4. After reading The Kite Runner, I'm now into a lighter novel - Confessions of a Shopaholic. And thanks to this book, I think I will postpone getting a visa for another year, or maybe until I learn to manage my finances well (read as: NEVER).

5. God is Good. The other day my wallet only had a 20-peso bill for a resident and my gas tank is pumping its last breath. I was so worried how I could make it to work the next day given all these impediments. Even if I decided to take the train, I can only afford a one-way ticket. What if I walk from Ortigas to Pag-Asa? It's been a stormy week; I don't think I'll make it alive at home. Or I could take a leave, sick leave, emergency leave? How pathetic. God must have felt my desperation, because that night I got money more than enough to fill my tank. Thank you. Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe