The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

7:58 PM

Superman Returns

Posted by Claire |


I had my much anticipated date with Superman last Friday, and I must say I am still enamored by Brandon Routh's pretty face. His face is annoyingly perfect and you couldn't help but admire it every time the camera zooms in. I never did enjoy watching Superman (nor StarWars) probably because I was too young to appreciate it back then or simply because I'm not into movies then. I have probably seen one ore two films but not a single one stuck on my mind. The only vivid memory I have of him was Christopher Reeve wearing those ridiculous red trunks over blue tights. But seeing Brandon Routh in that suit gave Superman a whole new image to me. =P

The movie capitalized on the things that made Superman a big hit in the past years; well at least that's what I heard from Paolo and Monpete, my Superman-fanatic friends (when I say fanatic I mean they've read or watched all Superman article, comics, magazine, and movie, and they know every little thing about Superman). The movie was a good combination of digital effects, great talent, and classic stunts. As soon as you hear the famous Superman soundtrack it will make your heart pound in excitement. Monpete was literally shaking at the height of Superman's action. He almost forgot to breathe...hahahaha. Paolo, on the other hand, couldn't take the smile off his face when we got out of the movie house.

Don't get me wrong, but I think there's nothing in the film that we haven't seen or expected from the man of steel. The film simply magnified the innate powers of Superman, what marveled me were the brilliant use of digital effects. The way they moved him around space was flawless. Some scenes were hilarious but it all makes sense if you think about it. Another thing I find rather amusing is the scene where I saw his trademark curly bangs untouched after saving the world. I mean, hello, wala bang hangin sa labas? Flying in and out of space, and moving faster than a speeding bullet could mess up your hair big time. Hehehehe...and oh, there is a twist at the latter part of the movie and the events that unfolded it were kinda amusing too. =)

I'm so pleased with the movie and I guess, it was worth everything we went through that night...the long queue at the ticket counter, the two hours waiting time (we were there at 9pm but the tickets we got were for the 11:20 screening), expensive movie ticket, traffic jam in Araneta (it was Bench Fever night and all parking areas were full), and the sore feet I had when I got home. It was a great movie, though I wish I had seen it in IMax. Hats off to the Director and to the Cast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe