The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

Things to remember when going to the movies alone:


1. Be on the lookout for suspicious-looking men. You wouldn't want to sit next to a weirdo. Hey, it pays to be careful!


2. Pick movies in guaranteed-seats-only cinema then get an aisle seat so in case you're seated next to a freak, you can easily runaway.


3. Buy enough chips and drinks to keep you munching the entire show.


4. Get in 5 minutes before the show so lights are dim. This was actually the part where I felt silliest. I got in 15 minutes before the show so I could watch the trailers of upcoming films, only to realize that the cinema is usually well-lit at this time. I didn't want people to recognize me and see that I'm by myself so I waited by the stairs, walking back and forth, until the lights go dim. The hell with trailers! I don't need to watch trailers. I was never really interested with trailers. While I was there walking back and forth, I saw a group making their way to the cinema. It'll be weird to be seen alone by the satirs, so I went to my seat fast, head down. On second thought, I love trailers! I hate missing trailers.


5. Be ready to laugh or cry by yourself. Jack Sparrow is hilarious so in between I couldn't help but burst with laughter and whenever I'd realize I was alone, I'd cover my mouth in embarrassment.

6. Bring a jacket. There's no human jacket at your disposal.

I made it and I'm so proud of myself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe