The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

5:45 PM

I vow to get in shape

Posted by Claire |

I went to the office wearing my skinny jeans, which I haven't worn for months, and a plain top, slightly loose to hide my bulges. Midway through the morning, I regret wearing it. When I sit or bend forward, my pants reveal my butt crack and when I walk I have to pull it up once in a while to keep it from falling (revealing my butt crack again). My top, whose fabric sticks to the skin, reveals my bulging tummy which grew by a few inches.

I'm going out tonight. I can't afford to look horrible. So off I went to the tiangge to get some cheap but nice stuff to replace my hideous outfit. True enough, I got a pair of jeans for P650 and two blouses priced at P250 each. Great! I'm so excited to change.

When I got back, I told G and R in the elevator of my good buys and explained why I had to change my outfit. I'm getting fat. R, with conviction said, "Alam mo oo nga! Nung nakita kita kanina...ibaaaaa. Lalo na yung braso mo." When I was about to take off to get my lunch, she said "oh, wag ka na kumain". Now everyone in the elevator knows my body measurement.

Lesson learned: The truth really hurts.

Upstairs, while I was chatting with R's seatmate, Dyosa, R said "Claire, papabasa ko sa`yo tong book na `to pagkatapos ko." The book is "French Women Don't Get Fat". Then said, "binili ko nga ito kahit di ako mataba eh."

Lesson learned: If you can't join them, beat them.

9 comments:

Purple Pig! said...

well fwend let me tell you honestly that's the price of being in love......you date by eating out, you're happy e, so you eat... you get busy by putting work and lovelife together and when you're busy you destress by eating.... ehem ehem....sorry but that's the start of it.

Ha ha ha ha nanakot ba?

Claire said...

Very encouraging. Hmph! hehehe

donna_chocnut said...

I haven't seen you in a while pero for sure BEAUTY pa rin, regardless of weight. Go Cler kaya mo yan! Tama si Mommy Carms, hiyang ka kasi sa pag-ibig, uuuyyy. Wow, great buys from the tiangge ah. =)

Claire said...

thanks Chocnut...wag mo na kong hanapin. saka na ulit pag lampayatot na ko. hehe

Reeyah said...

alam mo cler, kahit tabachingching ka or lampayatot ka, lab ka rin namin. hehehehehehe

Claire said...

@reeyah...hehehehe...tenchu! sige, papalampayatot pa rin ako. bwahahaa

Reeyah said...

bakit dami mo pimples?

Claire said...

kasi wala akong pangpa-facial. penge pera!

R. Sanvicente said...

oh no!! ang harsh!! sorry, didn't mean to... me and my big mouth! sorry claire, maybe I was just having a bad day that time... excuses, excuses! hehe

Post a Comment

Subscribe