My OB advised that aside from listening to classical music, I should also talk to my baby and read books to him/her. And so for the past weeks, I’ve been reading to baby as much as I can, usually before we sleep.
Last night, I realized I received a number of books from friends which I can read to baby or use as guide during my pregnancy or as scrapbook.
PREGNANCY JOURNAL. This one is from my bestfriend. She gave this to me together with her wedding gift. I actually had forgotten about it as I had it stacked with bathroom magazines way back. Found it again during my bedrest period. This book is sort of a journal. I am supposed to write the moments and milestones of my pregnancy. Have not done anything yet. hehehe
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING. This one is from Leslie, an officemate, who was one of the first who knew I was pregnant. Since Jom and I started trying, she and I have monitored my period every month and were watchful of any signs of pregnancy. So when I delivered the good news to her, she gave me this book as soon as she could. It has been my bible ever since. All questions I have about pregnancy, I refer to this book. The book is divided in chapters based on the months of pregnancy, and I read them as I go through the month of pregnancy. Sometimes I read in advance, so I know what to expect. So far this book has been a great help. A little bit of info: Another officemate-friend, Mars, was supposed to give me the same book but when she found out I had one already she bought me a lotion, instead.
OH, BABY, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO. This one is a short book whose main purpose is to be read to the unborn baby. I’ve read it a couple of times and it’s a bit of a tongue twister. It’s fun though. Given by Pepper, another officemate, who’s a lawyer. Baby, would you like to be a lawyer someday?
BEFORE. And finally, this book is from Mellay, a good friend of mine from Days. She scribbled a note on the first page but forgot to scan it. Anyhoo, it read that since she hasn’t been pregnant herself, she doesn’t have pregnancy stories to share with me. Hence, this book, a compilation of stories about pregnancy. This and the previous book are the ones I read to baby whenever I have time.
I plan to continue reading to baby every night, if I’m not too tired, so that the baby can discern mine and dad’s voice among others. Will also consider this as our “us” time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Buddies
My Daily Fix
-
Cover from over ten years ago4 years ago
-
Hurray for Friends & Comme des Garçons7 years ago
-
-
Maldives (Day 11)13 years ago
-
-
Labels
me
Jom
friends
simple joys
life
love
trips
family
funnies
parties
food
havin' a baby
Kara Sabrina
adventures
Home
baby stuff
forwarded e-mails
kill me now
surprises
Mommyhood
boredom
faith
ydwtl
BIL
conversations
things i want to do before I die
badminton
photography
things i love
wish list
christmas
crazy ideas
gadgets
shopping
tags
bags
cooking
men
prayers
tips
Angst
happiness
lyrics
malfunction
ogc
scripts
thought-provoking
tv
volleyball
Discoveries
blogskin
gym
illusions
mame
movies
possessed
text messages
vid
work
NBA
Recipes
baggage
blogthings
budgeting
dress
exercise
friday's feast
grey's
kkk
music
parenthood
play
polls
relationships
review
spring cleaning
swimming
tipid things
weddings
Powered by Blogger.

0 comments:
Post a Comment