The ADB Volleyball Club had its Inter-Color Tournament last Saturday. It started at around 8:45am and lasted until past 5:00pm. I was asked to lead the National Anthem and even though I haven't sang (or sung?) it for quite sometime (not even in the movies), I took the responsibility convinced that I only have to sing the first line. It turned out, I had to sing the entire song because not everyone was singing. Guess what, I forgot some lines so I did what I am good at...MAGPA-CUTE. Nagmukha nanaman akong tanga! How could you forget the National Anthem?! I really think I have Alzheimer's. Tsk..tsk..
I have a thing about competitions. That's probably why I never pursued sports in my younger years. I've always been the underdog and I don't like the feeling of being a loser because I don't want to be blamed for the misfortunes of my team. So in high school, I stopped training and just contented myself with the fact that "at least I can play", not the best there is, but at least I can play.
Last Saturday was my first competition (naks, feeling professional!) after 10 long years and it was a lot of fun. Although we placed 4th, there was no blamestorming and everyone was happy...of course we would be jubilant if we were the Champion. Nonetheless, we were all happy...I was too happy to even feel that I nearly collapsed due to over fatigue.
I have a thing about competitions. That's probably why I never pursued sports in my younger years. I've always been the underdog and I don't like the feeling of being a loser because I don't want to be blamed for the misfortunes of my team. So in high school, I stopped training and just contented myself with the fact that "at least I can play", not the best there is, but at least I can play.
Last Saturday was my first competition (naks, feeling professional!) after 10 long years and it was a lot of fun. Although we placed 4th, there was no blamestorming and everyone was happy...of course we would be jubilant if we were the Champion. Nonetheless, we were all happy...I was too happy to even feel that I nearly collapsed due to over fatigue.


0 comments:
Post a Comment