WARNING: EMO MODE SWITCHED ON
I'm nearing the end of my calendar days. In a few days, I'll be 29. When that day comes, I know I will receive greetings from friends, relatives and even acquaintances. Alongside these greetings are questions about my personal life and plans of marriage, worries about my ovary and how my biological clock is catching up on me. On that day, please keep these worries to yourself and let me celebrate adulthood worry-free. I am 29, I believe I have heard all that and I don't need to be reminded of them yet again.
But if you're really wondering why I haven't jumped into the bandwagon, or at the very least why I'm not in a serious relationship, allow me to feed your curious mind. (I'm after your boyfriend or husband. Mwahahahaha...Kidding!) The answer is pretty simple: I'm holding out for THE ONE. Of course, I've dated quite a few. But none of them has given that magical feeling or had me curling up cause I had butterflies in my stomach. Nor has anyone made me say YES, without a doubt, without questions.
I don't want to settle. Primarily because I know what I'm capable of doing when I'm not 100% with a guy. I don't want to be with a so-so guy because I want someone who rocks my world. Someone who makes me incredibly and undeniably happy. Someone I can live without but wouldn't want to. Someone who would always want to sit beside me because he always wants to stay close to me. And until I find the person that makes me smile up to my third molar, I will not wear that white dress. Understood?!
Sure I miss being with someone. But if it were merely for the sake of having someone to go with you to your friend's wedding, or to pick you up after a night of partying with girlfriends, or to bring you to your badminton game, and all other perks - I would not be wasting my time, nor the poor guy's time and effort.
I'm holding out for The One. I don't care if I'm 35 or 50. Yes the clock is ticking, and so what? Let it tick...until it freakin' breaks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Buddies
My Daily Fix
-
Cover from over ten years ago4 years ago
-
Hurray for Friends & Comme des Garçons7 years ago
-
-
Maldives (Day 11)13 years ago
-
-
Blog Archive
Labels
me
Jom
friends
simple joys
life
love
trips
family
funnies
parties
food
havin' a baby
Kara Sabrina
adventures
Home
baby stuff
forwarded e-mails
kill me now
surprises
Mommyhood
boredom
faith
ydwtl
BIL
conversations
things i want to do before I die
badminton
photography
things i love
wish list
christmas
crazy ideas
gadgets
shopping
tags
bags
cooking
men
prayers
tips
Angst
happiness
lyrics
malfunction
ogc
scripts
thought-provoking
tv
volleyball
Discoveries
blogskin
gym
illusions
mame
movies
possessed
text messages
vid
work
NBA
Recipes
baggage
blogthings
budgeting
dress
exercise
friday's feast
grey's
kkk
music
parenthood
play
polls
relationships
review
spring cleaning
swimming
tipid things
weddings
Powered by Blogger.

0 comments:
Post a Comment