The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

1:20 PM

Learning from a 5-year-old

Posted by Claire |

I called my in-laws' house yesterday (looking for my brother-in-law) and I got the chance to talk to my niece, Charlotte. This is how our conversation went:

Me: Hi baby, how are you?

Charlotte: Ok. (in her monotone voice)

Me: What are you doing?

Charlotte: I’m eating.

Me: What are you eating?

Charlotte: Sabaw. (When she moved here she had an accent that we sometimes find hard to understand. But now, she can speak straight Filipino.)

Me: Wow! What time are you going to school?

Charlotte: I said I’m eating. Call me again later.

*Pause*

Me: (Not knowing how to react) Oh, okay. I’m sorry.

Charlotte: Call me again later. Around 5:00 okay? Cause I’m going to school. I’ll be home by 5:00pm.

Me: Okay. Bye baby.

Charlotte: Bye.

Now I know better. Never never interrupt a child in the middle of her meal if you don’t want to be scolded.

2 comments:

CandyQ said...

Kids say the darnedest things, hahaha!

Reeyah said...

bwahahaha! I like that kid!

Post a Comment

Subscribe