Things-I-Love posts will be a series of posts about the things that make me happy. Got this idea from a blogger friend. Thanks mucho!
Perhaps I got my love for cooking from my parents. When I was young, my parents alternate in cooking our weekend lunch food. On holidays, I would assist my mom in cooking our Noche Buena and Media Noche. When I was old enough she passed on to me the tricks of cooking our favorite holiday dishes – spaghetti and potato salad. So by the time she passed away I was ready to take on the responsibility as "Holiday Chef". When Dad was diagnosed with a kidney problem he was forbidden from eating red meat, so I started experimenting different seafood recipes. And my love for cooking started growing since then.
Now that I'm married, I get to cook as much as I want (due to the absence of a house help). And being married to a man with an imaginative palate drives me to learn new dishes to satisfy him. It also helps that when I cook, he appreciates whatever is served on the table, whether it be misua and sardines or smoked fish. Cooking, as a major production number is very tiring, you’re standing up the whole time and the oven’s heat make you sweat like a pig, but seeing the husbo gobble up all that food makes all the pagod disappear.
Don’t get me wrong, though, I’m no Chef. Not even close. I’m still learning. I still get the taste wrong and I still refer to recipes when cooking. I guess I have to practice more or maybe enroll in a cooking class one of these days to improve my skill and acquire more cooking tips. It’s in the pipeline, actually, just haven’t decided which cuisine to prioritize.
Don’t get me wrong, though, I’m no Chef. Not even close. I’m still learning. I still get the taste wrong and I still refer to recipes when cooking. I guess I have to practice more or maybe enroll in a cooking class one of these days to improve my skill and acquire more cooking tips. It’s in the pipeline, actually, just haven’t decided which cuisine to prioritize.

This is me in action in our mini-kitchen taken by Mawee.

2 comments:
I wish I could enjoy cooking as much as you do. I used to but these days, with the intense heat here and a toddler who keeps calling for my attention every five minutes, it has become more of a chore.
I love the eating part though! :)
Just a few more years and your toddler will be more independent. When that happens, you'll have more time to do the things you want. :-)
Post a Comment