The other night I dreamt about losing my current job and it scared me as hell. In my dream, I was struggling to wake up to end the nightmare that is losing my bread and butter. I never felt so thankful for waking up early. Wew!
The dream rang in my head several times that day and even until today. Can I afford to lose my job? What will I do if I lose my job? The thought of it scared me.
There are times I would tease the Husbo that I plan on retiring at the age of 35. He would say that if I want to I can resign right now. I don’t know if he was kidding. I do not doubt the husbo’s capacity to support us. I just think that there are so many things one has to consider before making that big leap.
For one, I don’t want to be totally dependent on the husbo. As you know, I want so many things. I shop and go out a lot. And when I don’t have work, that means I’d have to ask husbo to provide for those. And I don’t want that!
Secondly, as I said I do not doubt the husbo’s capacity to provide for me and our future children. But I strongly believe that if there are two people working in the family, life will be a lot more comfortable for them, the children most especially. Not that I’m earning so much, but I think somehow my salary can help cover some of the household expenses.
Thirdly, the benefits I get from this company are a lot of help to us. I don’t ever have to worry about getting sick because the company will pay for the expenses. Loan benefits with very minimal interest rate is also a big help.
Lastly and God forbid, but what if something happens to the husbo? I don’t want to be helpless because I’m jobless.
So, husbo, if you’re reading this. Know that I’m not seriously considering going on early retirement. Maybe I will if I know that we’ve set up trust funds amounting to millions under the name of our children. Or maybe I will if I know I have my own business fully operational and self-sustaining. Or maybe when you give me a monthly allowance equal to or more than my current salary. hehehe
The dream rang in my head several times that day and even until today. Can I afford to lose my job? What will I do if I lose my job? The thought of it scared me.
There are times I would tease the Husbo that I plan on retiring at the age of 35. He would say that if I want to I can resign right now. I don’t know if he was kidding. I do not doubt the husbo’s capacity to support us. I just think that there are so many things one has to consider before making that big leap.
For one, I don’t want to be totally dependent on the husbo. As you know, I want so many things. I shop and go out a lot. And when I don’t have work, that means I’d have to ask husbo to provide for those. And I don’t want that!
Secondly, as I said I do not doubt the husbo’s capacity to provide for me and our future children. But I strongly believe that if there are two people working in the family, life will be a lot more comfortable for them, the children most especially. Not that I’m earning so much, but I think somehow my salary can help cover some of the household expenses.
Thirdly, the benefits I get from this company are a lot of help to us. I don’t ever have to worry about getting sick because the company will pay for the expenses. Loan benefits with very minimal interest rate is also a big help.
Lastly and God forbid, but what if something happens to the husbo? I don’t want to be helpless because I’m jobless.
So, husbo, if you’re reading this. Know that I’m not seriously considering going on early retirement. Maybe I will if I know that we’ve set up trust funds amounting to millions under the name of our children. Or maybe I will if I know I have my own business fully operational and self-sustaining. Or maybe when you give me a monthly allowance equal to or more than my current salary. hehehe

0 comments:
Post a Comment