With all that hype regarding the opening of Forever 21 in the Philippines, you cannot help but be curious about what F21 is all about. Their marketing campaign was indeed a success because at 9:00 am on Friday, 2 July, people flocked the SM gates so they can be one of the first to enter the store.
At 12:00noon, as my friends and I were on to lunch, we passed by the store and was stunned to see that there was a long line of customers waiting for their turn to enter the store. Good thing there was a system like this otherwise there would’ve been a stampede. I have seen people lining up for a movie premiere, or an album launch of local or foreign artists, but not for a store of clothes!!
I went there Friday night to check out their items and it was true, the items were cheap. And there were tons to choose from. A shopper’s haven, indeed. But because there were lines everywhere - at the entrance, fitting rooms and cashier - I simply admired the clothes and promised to be back the next day.
I was back early the next day. The line at the entrance was shorter but not the fitting rooms and cashiers. I endured the waiting time since Husbo was out playing tennis anyway. Ergo, I got myself the following:
1. Two office dresses with matching belts - I have a thing about dresses and skirts these days as I feel more comfortable wearing them to work. For this year I think I had previously bought 9 dresses and 1 skirt.
At 12:00noon, as my friends and I were on to lunch, we passed by the store and was stunned to see that there was a long line of customers waiting for their turn to enter the store. Good thing there was a system like this otherwise there would’ve been a stampede. I have seen people lining up for a movie premiere, or an album launch of local or foreign artists, but not for a store of clothes!!
I went there Friday night to check out their items and it was true, the items were cheap. And there were tons to choose from. A shopper’s haven, indeed. But because there were lines everywhere - at the entrance, fitting rooms and cashier - I simply admired the clothes and promised to be back the next day.
I was back early the next day. The line at the entrance was shorter but not the fitting rooms and cashiers. I endured the waiting time since Husbo was out playing tennis anyway. Ergo, I got myself the following:
1. Two office dresses with matching belts - I have a thing about dresses and skirts these days as I feel more comfortable wearing them to work. For this year I think I had previously bought 9 dresses and 1 skirt.
2. A black skirt - the fabric is just too soft to pass up. And since it’s black, I have already created a list of tops I can match with it. It can also double as party/office skirt.
3. A white pair of shorts – my reliable white shorts, which I bought from F&H some 3 years ago, just decided to quit on me and since then I’ve been on the look out for a replacement – perfect fit and length. So when I saw this last piece of shorts on the rack, I grabbed it and decided 101% that I was getting it.
I wanted to shop some more but I was running out of moolah so I stopped before I go negative. But I promised myself I’ll be back…for accessories next time.
I wanted to shop some more but I was running out of moolah so I stopped before I go negative. But I promised myself I’ll be back…for accessories next time.




1 comments:
The dresses are so pretty! :) I miss Forever 21, wish they'd open a store here.
Post a Comment