Since I learned playing badminton I never wanted to stop, ever.
I started playing regularly in 2006 when I discovered that there was a club for badminton aficionados in the office. Since then, my regular badminton schedule was Tuesdays and alternating Fridays. The club also organized trainings which were perfect for newbies like me. I was so into badminton at that time that I was joining tournaments here and there, looking for other venues for my regular dose of badminton, and watching games of famous badminton players, whether live or on TV.
Starting last year, in an effort to lose weight in preparation for the Big Day, my badminton gig became more frequent. Aside from after-work-games on Tuesdays, I also play on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. And if I have more energy, I would still play Monday evening. That’s how addicted I am, that’s how much I love the game.
This morning as I was on my way to my workstation after a fun game with my friends, I realized how much I’m going to miss badminton once I become pregnant. But then, maybe, when that happens I will love my baby more than I love badminton.
This photo was taken from the most recent tournament I participated in. (Story of that tourney in a different post)

4 comments:
Akala ko kung sinong Claire yung nag comment..si Kler pala hahaha. Okay lang yan..get preggers, di ba ako I played until my 6th month hehehe Tapos after giving birth play agad after 6 weeks :)
i love badminton too :) i used to play as well but retired when i got married.
:)
I used to be so addicted to badminton that, at one point, I'd play 3 hours a day, 5 times per week. But I haven't been able to play much since 2006. I miss it.
@marie, adik ka naman eh.
@Ibyang, im at the peak of my badminton career retiring would be heartbreaking. good thing the husbo is very supportive. thanks for visiting my blog btw.
@candy, good to know im not "that" addicted. hehehe
Post a Comment