The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

2:31 PM

Singles Game

Posted by Claire |

In weddings, I always dread the Singles’ game. Not that I’m scared of getting the bouquet, but more because I am scared of the possible humiliation I could get myself into trying to avoid being in the spotlight.

These days, there are more ways of choosing the supposedly next-in-line. Some are fun but others tend to be over the top embarrassing.

Jom and I were once the butt of laughter in one of our friend’s wedding. The game was sort of a dating game. Jom was chosen as the Searchee (?) after quickly inserting the thread in the needle’s hole despite being dizzy caused by circling in place 3 times and a shot of tequila. When the ladies' turn came, the host trimmed us down to by asking Jom, all describing what the girls were wearing. I was lucky enough to be part of the final 3 because Jom’s answer matched what I was wearing. When we were down to three, the host asked Jom to smell each of the girls and pick his date from there. Unfortunately, he picked the wrong girl. That created a buzz among the audience (even waiters). How can you not know what your girlfriend smells? How could you ignore the signs? I resented a little but later on I realized it was just a game. And knowing Jom, I’m sure if he was given enough clues he would’ve picked me.

In last Saturday’s game, we were, thankfully, not handpicked to participate given that we've already crossed the "singles" stage. Thank Gawd, because, finally I dont need to worry about embarrassing myself in front of hundreds of people.

1 comments:

jellybelly said...

hehehe...now you can sit back and relax...

Post a Comment

Subscribe