The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

Party invite c/o Anna Cuvin


We had our final baby shower last Saturday at Serendra where Jom and I had our engagement dinner a couple of years ago. This time around my friends from BigBarks organized the event. They took care of the games and souvenirs, fixed the venue and hosted the party. It was sort of a gathering of family and friends from different groups ---highschool, college, MBA, work, etc.


Souvenirs c/o Mellay


I had a grand time catching up with those I haven't seen for quite a while. The common reaction of our friends is that I've grown so big, they think I'm gonna pop anytime. I'm almost full term so yeah, they can say that.

The games were planned by Anna. At first, I was a bit anxious that Anna won't be able to pull off the games cause she's been very busy with her new job. But come the day of the shower, I was surprised that everything was well taken care of, including props.




This is the multi-tasking game. One has to put all the clothes on the clothesline while taking care of the baby and talking on the phone.



The cerelac eating contest was hilarious as each pairs has tofinish the cup of cerelac blindfolded. One pair ended up having cerelac all over her dress and face. lol


This is game is rather obvious. The Brazilian, the guy on the leftmost, won the game.


The rest of the night were spent chatting and picture-taking with friends. They wanted me to open the gifts for baby, but I declined because the last time I did that, I couldn't stand the thought of everyone watching me open their gifts. So, if you're interested to know what we took home here they are.



You wouldn't believe how many bottles I received from the shower. When I did the inventory, I had a total of 24 btls!!! Wow!



These are super cute comforters. :) I didn't think people would buy them for me but I'm super grateful. Hope they last until the second or third baby!



Look at all those pretty colors! Aren't they sooo cute??..


And these too...cutie socks!


The gift-opening had to wait the next day cause I was too tired to do it. But the next day, when I woke up to pee, I saw the volume of gifts in our living room and this paper bag on top of it. I knew what was inside so I woke up the husbo and thanked him for it. I call it mommy-reward. Thanks sooo much hon!

Now that all the parties are over, I've to start packing for d-day. My golly...can't believe it's going to happen soon. Ang lapit-lapit-lapit naaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Can't wait to see Baby Kara. I love you baby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe