The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

9:30 AM

Baby Shower No. 2: Sponsored by the HBs

Posted by Claire |

Had the baby shower with the HBs last Thursday at the first branch Cookbook Kitchen in Shaw Blvd. We were only 8 but the function room was filled with voices of what seemed like 20 people. It was one wild night. Initially, I thought the food we ordered wasn't enought for the 8 of us. But by the time we were on to the main course, my tummy was filling more bloated than it already is.


Chef's Salad (P200)




Mixed Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette (P150)




Parmesan Crusted White Fish (P290) - This one is my favorite of all time!




Tomato-Basil Shrimp Pasta (P250)



Ilocos Pasta (P230)

Made of vigan longanisa pasta topped with spinach served with salth and pepper vinegar...yummy!




Temecula Ribs (P450)


Seafood Basket (P300)




Strawberry Shortcake Overload (P190)


This is a tower of ice cream and strawberries bigger than the one we ate at Subic. Underneath the chocolate ice cream is a slice of chiffon cake which is a perfect match to the melting ice cream. Yummy!

Aside from the food, I love that they made the shower very personal to me, from the invites down to the souvenirs. It was a lot of work and I am truly truly thankful. I don't have a picture of the invites, but they gave one for me, for Jom and for baby Kara. The games were about the things I wrote here. The souvenir came with tags made out of my baby picture which I also posted here.



And these are my takeaways, a diaper bag and bath cradle.


Husbo and I had a blast. More than the gifts, I loved the company. It feels good that friends are excited for the coming of our little angel. Thank you so much girls!


2 comments:

CandyQ said...

Oh, my... Nakakagutom ang food photos! I want that Chef's Salad and Ilocos Pasta. =D

Claire said...

Try it when you're in town. They also have a branch in Eastwood.

Post a Comment

Subscribe