The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

3:12 PM

Are you ready when the next disaster strikes?

Posted by Claire |

We're not and I'm starting to get worried. With earthquakes and tsunamis happening here and there, I know I need to do something to make our family ready in case it hits us. God forbid. I know there's nothing we can do to stop it. What we can do is be prepared for the worst in the hope that if it happens, God forbid again, we'll be ready and we have something to sustain us until help reaches us. Today, I got a list of items that should be included in an emergency kit. I'm sharing it with you so that you can make your own kit at home:

FIRST AID KIT Sterile Gauze, adhesive tape, alcohol, betadine, band aid, diatabs, biogesic and bioflu
FOOD Cereal, coffee mix, candy canned goods, biscuits, mixed nuts/dried fruits, jelly, water and noodles
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES Disposable utensils - plates, spoon, fork, glass, transistor radio, flashlight, extra battery, swiss knife, whistle (1 for each family member), rechargeable lamp, candle, lighter and can opener
HYGIENE Bath soap, facial wash, napkin, feminine wash, napkin, shampoo, toilet paper, deodorant, off lotion, comb, powder, laundry soap, toothbrush, and toothpaste
CLOTHES/BEDDINGS
Rain gear/jacket, air pillows, garbage bag, blanket, towel, pants, shirts and underwear socks
MISCELLANEOUS Telephone numbers, bank account numbers, cash, paper and pen, cellphone, charger, permanent records in ziplock, picture of family members

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe