I turned 6 years in ADB this March. But to be more accurate, I actually have been here for 8 years already. Wew! This company has seen the best and worst in me. I am thankful, though, because ADB has provided so much for me and my family. If I weren't here I don't know where I'd be.
I'm happy where I am now. It's not as glamorous as advertising, events and marketing. Nor is it as high-paying as the IT industry. I'm happy here because the people are nice, the pay is just right for my needs and the facilities are well maintained and up to date with recent technological developments. The company promotes work-life balance so your time for yourself and your family is untouched.
I love it here because I get to meet people of different cultures. I've had several bosses in the last 8 years and most of them are big-hearted people. One person I really love and miss is my previous boss, Caroline. We worked together for more or less 2 years until she moved to Nepal. And 2 years after she left, we're still in touch, thanks to Facebook! And recently, she left this message for me.
Of course, the thought of NY got me (and the husbo) excited! But more than that I am thankful that she appreciates the work I have done for her. And despite the years we've been apart, she still remembers what we have and what we've shared. I hope she gets NY, not because I know it's a great deal for me, but more because she's great at what she does, and a very hardworking and passionate woman who pursues development by all means. I won't be surprised if I see her in the UN Headquarters one day.

0 comments:
Post a Comment