Late last year, I nursed a friend through what probably is one of the darkest days of her life after the love of her life decided to call it quits. Last monday, we had dinner with a friend who had a falling out with her friend-slash-crushie. Then today, I learned about a friend's heartbreaking story.
I hate break-ups because it always leaves a person hurt and miserable. But then again, it has to happen or life would be boring. I just wish there were less hurtful ways of breaking up.
After hearing the friend's heartbreaking story, it tore my heart to pieces. I wanted to cry for her but why would I when she was calm and composed. I used to think she was fragile. I used to think she's the type that would fall apart in the middle of the storm. But today I saw a whole new picture of her. She's going through a difficult time but her face doesn't show it. Her voice doesn't manifest it. She's a picture of a woman in total control of her mind and heart, of her life.
She made God bigger than her pain. So life goes on for her. She doesn't hold a grudge in her heart only love. She lives one day at a time and goes to where God wants her to be. She trusts Him fully. And I admire her for that.
I know that it won't be long until she finds God's greatest gift for her and when that happens, I will celebrate with her, for she deserves it. And so does my other girl friends who lost the love of their lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Buddies
My Daily Fix
-
Cover from over ten years ago4 years ago
-
Hurray for Friends & Comme des Garçons7 years ago
-
-
Maldives (Day 11)13 years ago
-
-
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(85)
-
▼
February
(15)
- One Team Fight!
- Taking Inspiration from the Pro
- My Heart is Torn
- A First Look at Our New Home
- Taylor Swift Fever
- Letting go and letting God
- Gaeng Gwio Warn Gai (Green Chicken Curry)
- Valentine's at the Sky
- Dr. Seuss and Mozart
- Havin'-A-Baby: Baby Stuff
- Breakfast of Champions
- Baby Shower No. 1
- Our Little Angel
- Then There Was Light
- Thai cook in the house
-
▼
February
(15)
Labels
me
Jom
friends
simple joys
life
love
trips
family
funnies
parties
food
havin' a baby
Kara Sabrina
adventures
Home
baby stuff
forwarded e-mails
kill me now
surprises
Mommyhood
boredom
faith
ydwtl
BIL
conversations
things i want to do before I die
badminton
photography
things i love
wish list
christmas
crazy ideas
gadgets
shopping
tags
bags
cooking
men
prayers
tips
Angst
happiness
lyrics
malfunction
ogc
scripts
thought-provoking
tv
volleyball
Discoveries
blogskin
gym
illusions
mame
movies
possessed
text messages
vid
work
NBA
Recipes
baggage
blogthings
budgeting
dress
exercise
friday's feast
grey's
kkk
music
parenthood
play
polls
relationships
review
spring cleaning
swimming
tipid things
weddings
Powered by Blogger.

0 comments:
Post a Comment