...trying hard, that is. hehehe
As earlier planned, I attended the Thai Cooking Class last week at Valle Verde. It was a very informal cooking class. Not like the ones where you'll cook the dish on your own. But for the price of P1,100, I'd say it was worth it.
The class was participated by househelp and housewives. Connie Reyes was even there! My friend, Roselle, tagged along so at least I had a companion the whole day.
We cooked the following Sticky Rice with Mango, Tom Yam, Steamed Fish with Lime Juice, Pad Thai and Bagoong Rice with Sweet Pork. Out of the dishes I cooked, I was only able to take a photo of this:
And that's because I ran out of battery...again. Please remind me to buy an extra battery next time!
One of the things the Chef stressed during the class was that to get authentic Thai taste, one must use authentic Thai ingredients. She said some of those ingredients are locally available, others are not so she gets it straight from Thailand. Good thing they were selling those ingredients.
I got what I could buy from her, and bought the rest from the Supermarket.
L-R: Kaffir Lime Leaves, Thai Patis, Shrimp Paste, Galangal (Thai Ginger) and Tamarind Paste. Not in picture are Green Curry Paste and Chili Paste.
And then, last Sunday, I cooked Pad Thai so the husbo can taste it. Here's the output:
Not very happy with the result because I put in too much oil and the tofu was a bit overdone. Perhaps in my next try, I can perfect it.




0 comments:
Post a Comment