The Story of my Life

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect,
it would be tempting, but I would have to decline,
for life would no longer teach me anything..."

10:20 AM

One Team Fight!

Posted by Claire |

I'm such a volleyball junkie and probably because I can't play the game so well all I can do is admire them. Since the UAAP Volleyball season started, I've been following all the games on TV, and on the internet. I also used to watch them live but I've been advised not to because of my present condition. It's so different when you're watching the game live...much more exciting and heart-stopping!

Of course, my heart goes for the DLSU Lady Spikers. Last year, they finished the eliminations with zero losses. Everyone was expecting they'd grab the championship, but a stroke of bad luck came to them that caused them to bow down to UST at the finals.

This year, the girls finished the eliminations as they did in the previous year. Probably even better...finishing most of their games in 3 sets. They are more determined now to finish first. They were up against the UST Tigresses in the finals, again!

DLSU's last two games were stretched to 5 sets. Something that was unfamiliar to the Lady Spikers. I watched both games and boy was I nervous. I had a bad feeling they'd crumble come the finals. Good thing that they regained confidence and won these two games.

Game 1 of the finals was another heart-stopping game. I was in the office that day, but I was tuned in via live streaming. DLSU won the first two sets, but UST came in strong in the 3rd and 4th set. My palms and feet were sweating. They have to win the 5th set or the UST Tigresses will have the momentum in Game 2, which we don't want to happen. Fortunately, luck was on our side as the Tigresses suffered from the loss of their A-player, who had to quit due to a bad case of leg cramps. DLSU won, 15-10. What a day!

Game 2 was a different story all together. I knew the UST Tigresses would come with a vengence. But the Lady Spikers were pumped up with all the awards they received that day, and seemed like nothing was going to stop them. They finished strong in the 1st and 2nd set. It seemed like UST was going to take the 3rd set with a score of 24-19. DLSU was behind by 5 points, and with that score, DLSU should be flawless. Indeed, the girls played with so much poise and fervor to grab the championship. Way to go girls!

Here are some action pics courtesy of Greenarchers.ph


They call it, the Great La Sallian Wall. La Salle ranked no. 1 in the blocking department.

Michelle Gumabao, Season 73's Best Blocker.

Mika Esperanza, Rookie of the Year.

Jacq Alarca, Season 73's Most Valuable Player.

The jubilant DLSU Lady Spikers after winning game 1.

(My favorite player in jersey no. 11, Cha Cruz).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe